Hong Kong: Kowloon Park

Kowloon Park was developed in the 1970s on the site of old barracks, and now is quite a large park near the downtown area of Kowloon. My stop here was brief, but I got to see the most important parts of the park.
 I really had no idea what to expect, and stopping at the park happened only because I had a little extra time when I was passing by. On the east side of the park is a nice traditional walled garden, with a lot of these trees lining the outside.
 Inside, you'll find interesting rocks and a pleasant pavilion over a small pond. An old, tree filled park, this is a shady, quiet place to relax and unwind.
 The inside wall of the garden is quite nice as well. Directly to the left of this photo were a group of people doing what I think was tai chi.
 Across the park on the west side is the old barracks. I'm not sure I found the actual barracks, but I did discover some nice paths. Sorry, but I didn't have enough camera battery to take tons of pictures at this point in the day. (I would soon make sure that didn't happen again; I bought a spare battery for my camera as soon as I returned to Japan.)
 In the area is this castle tower to climb, though it doesn't exactly have a view of anything.
The park also has a museum, a large swimming pool, a sports center, and something called the Avenue of Comic Stars, a sort of walk of fame. As I mentioned, I didn't have a lot of time to spend here, but I'm sure there are plenty of other hidden treats to find nestled along the side paths.

Kowloon Park is located just north of Tsim Sha Tsui MTR station, and a short walk from the ferry and several other Kowloon sightseeing spots.

No comments:

Post a Comment