31 Days of Halloween: The Placebo Effect

So, I've been gone for over a week. I had a financial emergency that still hasn't resolved itself - hopefully things will be relatively normal in the next couple of days. That brought on an immense amount of stress and even some depression. I'm still not 100%, but I am feeling much better now. Once the situation clears up I'm sure I'll be fine.

With the stress and accompanying exhaustion, plus a lot of stuff going on at work, I just had no desire to write. I didn't feel like doing much at all, really, and my apartment is still a bit of a mess!

Again, I am feeling much better now. It's time to sweeten things up again and get back to the big pile of candy that I haven't touched in almost two weeks.
Perhaps I should have ate these last week. These "pills" are supposed to help you in various areas, depending on which one you choose. They are "プチプチいらない" which translates as "Bubble Wrap Divination" though I think it's just a wish for good luck. Some notable benefits are in popularity, health, sports, friends, love, shopping, travel, and the future.
There are red, yellow, green, and orange balls. I'm not sure if the colors actually correspond to anything, and I didn't notice if the other packages of this candy had the same colors in the same spots. There are five of each ball, except for yellow which only has three. Luck of the draw? Anyway, these are just like MnMs - candy coating with a chocolate inside. Pretty tasty, though the shell is kind of hard.

If, somehow, everything turns around wonderfully for me tomorrow, I'll let you know. Otherwise, these are just another novelty. (Duh.)

I love chewy and gummy candies, so I was looking forward to trying this little package. It's called Fruit Tree (フルーツの森) and the picture on the front implies a lot of different flavors.
There are three flavors inside - pink, yellow, and green. I couldn't tell any difference between them. The toothpick is there so you can stab them and eat them one by one without touching the candy. I guess if you're a germaphobe or had been playing in the dirt this would be fine, but they're pretty hard and handling with fingers wouldn't cause a mess. The flavor was unique, but I'm not sure if it's really that good - there are plenty of soft gummy candies in Japan that are excellent.

So, now that I'm back to the blog, let's see if I can be consistent with posts this week!

2 comments:

  1. Glad to see that you're doing better Ryan. Hope you get back to 100% soon :).

    And I think the second candy is called Fruit Forest since 森(mori) translates to forest. 木(ki) is the Japanese word for tree.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Whoops. I know that means forest! Thanks for the correction. And thanks for the kind words! I'm getting a bit frustrated/nervous/stressed about the fact that I'm still waiting for things to resolve...

    ReplyDelete