Welcome to Korea. Let's play a (MMORPG) game.

Koreans love video games. This full-size, prominently placed advertisement found in a major train station attests to that. Card games, like Magic: The Gathering (and plenty of others, of course) are also pretty popular; I've seen packs available in convenience stores and supermarkets.

The strange thing is, I've never seen a gaming center or even a card store in Korea. I've seen tables set up in American card stores for card games (or just for pack busting, of course) and Japan's stores frequently have space or even entire rooms for players to gather and have tournaments.

If anyone knows of any locations for CCGs (especially stores) I'd love to know. There's a chance they could have baseball cards! Or, perhaps something else interesting to buy. And to answer your question: no, I've never played a card game. I wouldn't mind trying sometime, though!

No comments:

Post a Comment